News

Jackson Co Commissioners approve new Assessor

Tue 5-19-2020

Jackson County has hired a new County Assessor.  Karla Ambrose was approved by the Commissioners at this morning’s Board meeting.  Ambrose is currently a Deputy Assessor in Cottonwood County and will begin her duties in Jackson County by June 22nd.

The Board also approved low income SSTS Cost Share Grant Program through the Land Management Office.  Director Andy Geiger explained that the County received $20,000 in grants distributed by MPCA.  Applications will be processed on a first-come first-served basis and will cover 75% of the cost with the applicant covering the remaining 25%.

In other action, the Board approved purchasing a folder/inserter and letter opener machines for the Auditor/Treasurers office and approved extending Emergency Management Director Tawn Hall’s hours at 40 per week through no longer than October 1st.

The meeting went into closed session around 10:20am.