Estherville Firefighters Respond To Two Natural Gas Leaks In As Many Days

Fri 8-5-2022

(Estherville)– The Estherville Fire Department has responded to two natural gas leaks in as many days that were caused by crews boring into lines while installing fiber optic cable.

Fire Chief Travis Sheridan says the first incident took place shortly after 10:00 am Monday at the corner of 4th Avenue North and North 8th Street. Firefighters were on the scene about two and-a-half hours while crews with Black Hills Energy made the necessary repairs.

The other incident took place shortly after 12:30 pm Wednesday at 603 North 8th Street, just two blocks north of Monday’s incident. Firefighters were at that location about an hour and-a-half.

Sheridan says fortunately there were no other extenuating circumstances or injuries in either incident.