Crews cut Federated outages almost in half Friday
(JACKSON, MN) – By the end of Friday, crews working for Federated Rural Electric in Jackson cut the outages in half. As of Saturday morning outages were down to 1,062 from 2,700 at the peak of the storm.
68 linemen restored power on by the end of Friday to:
- The south circuit of the Wilder substation restoring members on the north side of Lakefield.
- Federated crews’ work allowed the Enterprise substation to be backfed and picked up members from north of Jackson.
- The Karian Peterson contractor working south of Okabena energized the main three-phase line.
Today crews will be working in the following areas:
- Iowa crews will work southwest of Jackson
- Contractors will work by Wilder
- Federated crews are working north of Jackson at the Wilder substation.
- Great River Energy crews are working on building the transmission line to get one of the three remaining substations energized so power can be backfed to pick up many more members.
Watch for more updates Saturday on Federated’s Facebook page and website www.federatedrea.coop.
Federated is a Touchstone Energy Cooperative serving 6,700 members in Jackson and Martin Counties.